Friday 15 May 2015

Poetry to Rhythm

Khawateen-o-hazrat,
Ek zamana tha Zid shayar bahara karte tarhtush
Dekhe aaj adib kaisa ummodo-khair giraftar hai
I often wonder whether poetry is a text written in rhythmic form or it is something very subtle that cannot be expressed literally in words.  
कहनेको किस किस मौजू पर क्या क्या कहते हम बा-इखलाख
If I was required to say something I have many issues that could be handled with care & sanity…
हम  सुखनवर कम नहीं मगर देखिये तारीफ़ किसकी होने लगी
I am no ordinary speaker but it seems people are getting lostin my imagination of my beloved’s beauty more than my poetry.
I remember once Faiz sahab talked about Kacchi shayari & Pucci shayari. 
Kacchi shayari is the one which bears the same meaning as the words are. These expressions are common expressions because the content itself is common. However, when there is a transit of subjects that boils down to confusing ideas including the confusions of the mind of the poet himself,  the poetry invariable goes into digging out expressions & metaphors that are increasingly complex. This is where a novice to the world of literature gives up because he wants to hear what he has already heard. More evolved listeners what to hear what they have never heard. To bring people out of this naivety poet's own intervention is required.
I am trying to put a parallel thought in a parallel languagethat could help many relate the poetry better. 
I hope you will not mind it!

ऐसे बज़्म-ऐ -खिराद क्यूँ  न  रह जाऊ आज  यारा  मुहर  बलब 
Seeing the company of such wise people who understand me beyond the words, should I not keep my lips closed?
बे-अल्फ़ाज़े मेरी लगी उनकी दिलकशी साज़-ऐ-सरमदी  होने लगी
Without me saying a word my pains have become my audience’s sensitive treasure that is turning into an immortal song.
उधर  निगाही -ऐ -बदरफ्तार  इधर  खवाइश  नीयत -ऐ -परवाज़
She is putting her eyes on me & I am being swept off my feet. Then I have my own set of desires that are as always airborne with wings…
कभी  जहाँ -ऐ -मुतमइन  कभी  रंजो-गिरफ्त तबाही होने  लगी
I see a world of deep happiness & contentment on one side & the melancholy that has imprisoned me that is beginning to destroy me on the other side.
बा-मशक्कत  काटी  है  तारीक़ी-ऐ -गम  शम्मा  कुश्त के  बाद
I have lived through the night of darkness after the night lamp is switched off with a lot of difficulty
नाशाद  बेताब-ओ-तलबी जाकर अबके गिरaनी-ऐ-यारी होने लगी
That disturbed & random state of me has now decided to make a friendship with the darkness.
बा -आंकी बाइसे-निफफत  हम  कबके  हुए  शहर -ऐ -कदर
Although after the break I left her & the world & I sat in my coffin
बा-इअज़ज़त-ओ-एहतिराम मेरी शै उनके खानेमे मजाज़ी होने लगी
Today she has adorably made full arrangements to reduce me in her thoughts to be a mere metaphor.
सर -ऐ -बाम किया था हमने इंतज़ार-ऐ-वतन ताजिस्ट इंतज़ाम
Standing on the rooftop of my house I had created a world of waiting for ever
क्यूँ संग-दिली-ओ-शब् -ऐ-हिज्रकी बेवक़्त ही वापसी होने लगी
But this unstoppable phenomena of the night falling has happened bit too early today.
कौनसी खुराख पायी है ज़िद रूदाद-ओ-निहां खैरात बटने  लगी
What is it that the poet is thriving on that his hidden messages of love are being generously distributed?
तेरे गम ख्वार  को  भी  तुजसे  कशाकाश-ओ-रुस्वाई होने लगी


And his best friends who used to share his grief have also starting to get dismayed by his tendency to celebrate the pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment